This is how I decided to split it up:
Obviously, my teaching binder is my main, every day binder. These are the sections I used in each binder:
1. Important Info - Where I place all the extra important information I need for the day or week.
2. Schedules - Where I place daily schedules, including AEA, and schedule changes.
3. Day Plans - The obvious
4. Monthly Plans - This is something new I am adding this year in order to help me see an overall view of the month ahead.
5. Class Lists - This is used for daily reminders, field trips, etc. (This is not used for marking - see below at the student binder)
6. Long Range Plans
7. Meeting Info
1. Class Lists - This will be used for marking and assessment. I believe having this in my student binder will help me, as it will be the binder I will take along with me when marking and will also have students' information in it. A clip board will be added to the front of this binder so I always have that to take with me as well.
2. Parent Teacher Interviews - Any information I need for these.
3. Student Info - I will have a section for each student in my class to keep anecdotal notes, report cards, etc.
As stated in my Summer To Do post, I made an idea binder. However I decided to add more sections then I had originally stated:
1. Overall Notes - General idea notes for the class
2. Management - Any ideas to improve classroom management
3. Language Arts
... And possibly to add other subjects I teach as well.
Hopefully this will make everyday chaos, into a bit more organized chaos :)