bground

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Organized Binders

There are a ton of different ways to organize a teaching binder - many found on Pinterest :).  Instead of focusing on only one binder, I decided to use 3 different binders this year.  Last year, I felt very unorganized and all over the place with my binder so I'm hoping this will help.  Personally, I hate lugging around a massive binder with everything in it, which is my other reason for splitting up my information and notes.

This is how I decided to split it up:


Obviously, my teaching binder is my main, every day binder.  These are the sections I used in each binder:

Teaching Binder


1. Important Info - Where I place all the extra important information I need for the day or week.
2. Schedules - Where I place daily schedules, including AEA, and schedule changes.
3. Day Plans - The obvious
4. Monthly Plans - This is something new I am adding this year in order to help me see an overall view of the month ahead.
5. Class Lists - This is used for daily reminders, field trips, etc.  (This is not used for marking - see below at the student binder)
6. Long Range Plans
7. Meeting Info

Student Binder


1. Class Lists - This will be used for marking and assessment.  I believe having this in my student binder will help me, as it will be the binder I will take along with me when marking and will also have students' information in it.  A clip board will be added to the front of this binder so I always have that to take with me as well.
2. Parent Teacher Interviews - Any information I need for these.
3. Student Info - I will have a section for each student in my class to keep anecdotal notes, report cards, etc.

Idea Binder


 As stated in my Summer To Do post, I made an idea binder.  However I decided to add more sections then I had originally stated:

1. Overall Notes - General idea notes for the class
2. Management - Any ideas to improve classroom management
3. Language Arts
4. Mathematics
... And possibly to add other subjects I teach as well.


Hopefully this will make everyday chaos, into a bit more organized chaos :)

1 comment: